2012年11月14日 星期三

Diary - 20120705




20120705, get into the rainforest


        Since Apple Jia (our adviser)  gave us a shock about making noise, coming back late last night, don’t think in different way whenever you go to any other place. We just act like we are tourists here. So I start to think about the program now.
(1)   It should make connection with the rain forest
(2)   Local knowledge, let the kids know the world they live, compared with the development world. Which one is better? Or which part is better?
(3)   What we can do else? (create a LAN here?)

We did the real trekking in the rainforest today. It takes about seven hours to finish it. They were two local guys with us. Arne asked Setyo, Victor and I to stay behind the team to watch the situation of whole team and find some wild perennial crops.

In the very beginning, the road is quite hard to walk. Sometimes we need to grab some trunks or sticks and swing, so I can just focus on walking safe. But after we start to go down to the river, Victor and I found some interesting food and seeds.

It was getting dark and dark, but we were still far behind the end point. Arne form another group consist of Victor, Setyo, Apple and I. He started to build a way by himself and try to stay in the same side of the river.

We had no choice but just kept staying in the group. At about 7 pm, we were far behind the original team. I could see the beautiful sky and fire flies around us. It’s kind of dangerous because it was totally dark and we could just use three flash lights to figure out a way home. At about 7:15 pm, I felt a little hopeless, but I still told myself that something bad won’t happen to me. I had to trust Arne and just follow his instructions. When we told the guide to cut the tree and make a path on a big truck, Victor and I thought that Arne is really a crazy person. At that time, Setyo just wanted to quit. As a team we should stick together until the last moment, I told to Setyo. Finally we found the way home.

Human builds up their technology by observing the wild perennial crops and copy it. Use technology to process wild perennial crops for food or money. The best technology knowledge is here in Blengkejeren. In the past we may think this is a bad city compare with more USA, but now we spend lots of money and effort to look for some green technology like local knowledge here. The kids here are the luckiest one because the most advance technology is just near them. My responsibility is to tell them they’re the best one, just don’t become a person in the industrial city. It’s useless in the future. Try to find the value of their homeland and environment.

沒有留言:

張貼留言